Our team of counsellors and psychologists are highly skilled and experienced professionals who are well equipped to help you uncover and develop meaningful strategies to confront life’s challenges and establish healthy patterns for living well.
Therapy models we use at Merrylands Counselling include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Experiential Therapy and Trauma Informed Counselling.
We are all qualified to help you with a wide range of issues including
- Relationship issues with couples, families, parenting, fostering, blended families, extended families, siblings, estrangement, divorce, separation, sexuality and intimacy
- Grief and loss issues. This is not just about death, but includes every area of life where we can experience significant change including retirement, divorce, the birth of a child with significant disabilities, the incarceration of a loved one, or a missing person.
- Addictions in the areas of alcohol and substance abuse, gambling, pornography, sexual addictions, internet, gaming and social media addictions.
- Mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, anorexia, phobias, post natal depression, post traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, panic attacks and dissociative issues.
- Trauma related issues resulting from domestic violence, recent psychological, physical or sexual abuse, childhood psychological, physical or sexual abuse, violent crime, spiritual abuse, workplace bullying, workplace injury, physical or psychological injury. Sometimes we can be traumatised by witnessing an event, or even just by hearing about it
- Plus a range of other issues such as school refusal, self-harm, suicidal thoughts/attempts, sleep problems, sexual identity, cyberbullying, communication, hearing voices, career confusion, poor self esteem and low self confidence